Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday 4 December 2011

Nordin Batik






Yes, the place is only about 2km away from my parents' place but I never had the time to pay this place a visit until Hana asked me to go there for an errand. So near yet so far away because as usual, yours truly is always busy with work, work, and work.
Let me tell you about Batik first and I copied this from wikipedia :

Malaysian Batik is batik textile art of Malaysia, especially on the east coast of Malaysia (Kelantan, Terengganu and Pahang). The most popular motifs are leaves and flowers. Malaysian batik depicting humans or animals are rare because Islam norms forbid animal images as decoration. However, the butterfly theme is a common exception. The Malaysian batik is also famous for its geometrical designs, such as spirals. The method of Malaysian batik making is also quite different from those of Indonesian Javanese batik, the pattern is larger and simpler. The colours also tend to be lighter and more vibrant than deep coloured Javanese batik.

But Nordin Batik, also dabbles in handicraft as you can see from my photos. Above the showroom is the Paloh Inn, managed by one of his children. Alas, I was so pressed for time that day so I didn't go to the 'factory' to take pictures of the batik printing process. As for me, after taking pictures of the gorgeous batiks and handicrafts at the showroom, I couldn't resist buying a caftan before leaving the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment